Alexandre Magno Teles Zimerer
Born at October 6, 1982
Lives in Copenhagen, Denmark
Software Engineer, Tradeshift; Copenhagen, Denmark — 2016 (Current Job)
Software Engineer, Globo.com; Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil — 2009 – 2016
Truppie, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil — 2016 – Personal project
Playing around entrepreneurship with this travel platform that sells tickets to different outdoors activities. A MVP business developed in Ruby on Rails hosted at Heroku using MOIP payment API. This project intends to explore the agile and iterative way to build a new and valuable product to outdoor events that connect explorers with travel guides.
Lead developer, Funarte; Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil — 2009 – 2010
Redesigning the arts culture platform for the government department was one of the greatest professional challenges that I have encountered. I joined the team at a critical moment in the project as a WordPress specialist and the results of the project were beyond expectations, with a new and redesigned portal for the user, and an easy way to publish the content by the editor.
Conexão Paris; Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil – 2005-2008
The most relevant Paris travel guide, that started from a simple blog, that grows exponentially to achieve now a revenue of R$ 1,2 million (http://exame.abril.com.br/pme/noticias/empreendedoras-faturam-r-1-2-mi-com-blog-sobre-paris). I worked as a consultant and core developer. The website sells travel plans and show how WordPress can be powerful as an e-commerce solution. It uses an open source wordpress plugin developed for this purpose, the WordPress Payment Module for pagseguro.
- Mobile First Bootstrap – December 2013 – Published by Packt Publishing Ltd.
- Webmagazine, junho 2010 – A writing about jQuery UI Plugins
- Technological weekend – UFRJ – 01/06/2015 – Speaks about Multiplatform application development
- Qcon 2015, 03/2015, – Speaks about Multiplatform application development
- The developers conference 2014 – 07/2014 – Speaks about the perception about perfomance
- Front in Fortaleza 2015 – Speaks about the perception about perfomance
- FISL 14, 07/2013 – Fórum Internacional de Software Livre, 2013 – Speaks about Understanding Bootstrap
- FISL 13, 08/2012 – Fórum Internacional de Software Livre, 2012 – Speaks about Developing jQuery UI plugins and testing with Jasmine
- System Analyst – Universidade Estácio de sá — 2011
- Scrum Certified Scrum master – Team Ware – 2010
- Passionate for developing reusable and scalable UI components;
- Committed to performance optimization, benchmarking, progressive enhancement, usability, and accessibility;
- Excellent foundation in interaction design principles and interaction patterns;
- Expert in HTML/CSS as well HTML5 and CSS3 (as well LESS and SASS). Experienced in working with browser issues, debugging and cross browser solutions to achieve the best user interface experience apart of device;
- Advanced knowledge of responsive design and optimization for mobile devices, and mobile first.
- Getting into mobile development with React Native, as well basic knowledge about Android Development;
- Experienced in extreme programming, with extensive experience in setting up continuous integration systems, TDD and BDD, as well familiar with the scrum process.
- Strong knowledge in Ruby on Rails;
- Experienced with Python as well building Apps with Django;
- Some experience with Java development and API’s built construction with Spring Boot
- Long term experience in PHP and their frameworks and CMS’s like CakePHP and WordPress.
- Standard knowledge of relational databases (MySQL and Postgre), as well non-relational databases (MongoDB);
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux Environment;
- Familiar with version control systems, like Git and SVN;